If you are using the Amazon Echo then you might be facing a problem. We assume it because you are here. In case Alexa not responding or you are facing any other trouble then check the information given here. Here you will get to know some common Amazon Echo or Alexa issues. So are you ready?
Alexa Picks Wrong Device to Plays Music
Are you the one of those who want to listen to music from any specific device but if Alexa picks the wrong device then you need to troubleshoot your Alexa. The problem actually begins when your device can’t decide how your Echo device grouped together.
To solve the problem, you are required to first ungroup devices and then regroup them. Here’s how:
- First of all, you need to open the Alexa app.
- Select the Devices and select the Group you want to ungroup.
- Click Edit and click Delete. The trashcan icon.
Once you have ungrouped the devices you can again regroup them. This setting will make sure that no speaker is select as default. If it happens again then know that the same problem arises again.
Streaming Problems on Alexa Devices
If Alexa is not playing your music then know that it is one of the most common problems you are facing. It happens because of low available bandwidth or broken internet service. You need to follow below troubleshooting guide to resolve the issue.
- Turn off the devices that you are not using or not connected to Wi-Fi.
- Pick your Echo nearer to the wireless router. Keep it away from metal objects, walls, or other possible sources of interference.
- Turn off the router and modem and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Restart the modem and restart the router.
- Turn your Alexa device off and then turn it on again.
Not Able to Make Call
If you are already aware of the feature that lets you use your Amazon Echo device like your phone. Now, if somehow this feature is not working for you then you need to first make sure that you are running your device on high-speed internet or Wi-Fi connection.
- All you need to do is first check your contacts. If Alexa is not able to connect the new contacts then it is probably because it is not updated on Alexa’s database.
- Close the Alexa app and reopen it.
- Open the Conversations option and look for the contact you want to call.
- If you find the contact in the list then make sure the information respective to the contact is correct like phone number, name.
- Alternatively, you can try signing in or signing out the app if your problem still persists.
- Open the main menu on your Alexa app and choose the Settings option.
- Tap on Sign out option and sign in back. After this try making the call again.
We hope you like the tips? If you are facing any other problem then feel free to visit Setup Alexa Help (setupalexahelp.com) or simply call at the toll free number +1 877-937-8077.